- Theme for the mural is: “Let freedom ring”
- Note: This is NOT a platform for derogatory messages or an activist’s platform. We want to celebrate America, celebrate Freedom and celebrate Independence Day.
- Only original works of art will be allowed.
- Mural should cover designated panel area (approximately 20 feet.)
- The artwork must be inspirational, entertaining, informative and positive.
- Sexual, insulting or derogative images or content are NOT
- Artist Bio.
- Contact Information.
- 4-6 portfolio images.
- Project proposal in the form of a drawing or a sketch.
- This proposal is what is being judged
- 4 finalists will be chosen to each paint a mural
- One grand prize winner will be announced after mural completion
- Art will be done on designated panels with spray paint cans with special tips and markers or other approvedNo glass scratching is allowed. Nothing that would damage the property is allowed and if performed will be disqualified.
- Applications and additional documents must be completed by Monday, July 9, 2018.
- Painting will begin Tuesday, July 10, 2018 and mural MUST be finished no later than Friday, July 20, 2018.
- Finalists will be announced on Saturday, July 21, 2018.
- Applications and the additional information above can be mailed to:
Attn: Let Freedom Ring
Ron Sturgeon Real Estate LP
5940 Eden Dr.
Haltom City, Texas 76117
- Emailed: email@example.com
Submit your application online.
Four Chosen Finalists Will Receive
- $250 to cover material costs
- $250 at the time of completion.
- Total of $500 combined
- An individualized press release on PR 24/7 wire account prepared by a professional writer.
- Visibility on Fort Worth Design District’s Facebook
- Visibility on Box Office Warehouse Suites Instagram
- Visibility on Box Office Warehouse SuitesFacebook
- The murals created by the four chosen artists will be showcased during the gallery art walk.
- Art will be judged by a panel of judges.
- Judges score each criterion 1-10, with 10 being the highest. Scores are totaled for each painter and then all the judges’ scores are added together. In case of a tie, judges must deliberate and pick a winner.
- Judges can award a zero if the artist broke a rule.
- Incomplete paintings and incorrectly spelled words are disqualified.
- Judges are chosen by the organizer.
- Decision by the judges is final. There is no appeal process.
Criteria for Judging
- Color –Judges will be looking to see how well you used color to make your pieces.
- Originality– Judges are looking for something new and different than what you usually do. Surprise us. Also, your style must be unique.
- Technique – Here is where we consider you can control, and what you do with techniques that sets your piece apart from the pack.
July 9 – Entry deadline
July 10 – Four contestants announced
July 10 – July 20 – Work time for participating artists
July 20 – July 21– Judges deliberation
July 21 – Grand prize winner notified and announced
***Rules, regulations, terms & schedules are subject to change without notice.
All entries become the property of Fort Worth Design District and its Patrons. They may be used by Box Office Warehouse Suites, Golden Triangle Business Park and Paddock Place Office Suites in any and all media now known or hereafter developed for non-commercial and commercial purposes alike. Artists retain rights to use the images of the art as they see fit with attribution to the contest when appropriate.